Hello. My name is Mrs. Kennedy, and I will be starting my second year as the Pre-K teacher. Prior to CrossPoint Preschool, I was an educator for 33.5 years in the public school system. I retired from my position in January of 2023, but God had bigger plans for my “retirement” than I had anticipated! He led me to the Pre-K position in my home church. It has been an amazing journey thus far, and I can’t wait to see what the upcoming year brings.
Our Pre-K classroom focuses on developing the whole child to be well-equipped and ready for kindergarten. This is accomplished through a wide variety of activities which help to promote a love of learning in a Christian environment. Our activities revolve around monthly and weekly themes. Children have the opportunity to be explorers, investigators, builders, artists, writers, scientists, etc. Evaluations occur throughout the year to measure accomplishments, and parent conferences are held to discuss each child’s gains and areas for growth. Our goal is for each child to have fun while learning and leave at the end of the year excited to experience kindergarten.
- Love God and others
- Develop positive relationships to build a sense of community
- Play and work cooperatively
- Thrive in a structured environment
- Possess a positive attitude toward learning and oneself
- Strengthen gross and fine motor skills
- Engage in activities which enhance creativity and critical thinking
- Acquire literacy skills related to writing and reading
- Apply early math and problem solving skills